Wednesday 11 November 2009

Heavies

I'm organising another acoustic gig in my studio in December. This time my friend Anjuli of Crack-a-Jack Crow is playing. Looking forward to that already. Now I just need to find someone else to play. Hopefully my friend, Sarah, who I met on the songwriting class, will play a few songs.

I met up with Sarah on Sunday to practice playing bass on some of her songs. Good fun! I always love playing music with other people. She's got some great songs too. And she did an amazing melodica solo on my song, Grace is Just Her Middle Name.

On Thursday my mate Bezz, who I've known since we were 12, is coming down to Brighton and we're going to see the Brand New Heavies. It's been one of my ambitions to see the BNH with N'Dea Davenport. She's gorgeous and really sets those songs on fire. Bezz got me into the BNH which led me to get into funk which led me to be a funk DJ in Swansea briefly so it's very apt that I'm going with him.

No comments: