Tuesday 5 May 2009

Hastings

I was recording my EP/LP in Hastings on Sunday at Blue Eyed Sounds. I had such a great day! Six songs in one day! Adam & Jayne always make me feel welcome and are always enthusiastic about music and that makes for such a good atmosphere for recording songs. Thanks guys!

We spent the morning recording the guitar parts and then the afternoon doing vocals. I did a couple of the songs live which was a new experience for me. Doing songs live you can really get into the feel of it and hopefully that comes across in the recordings. I might wait a bit to reveal the recordings to the public. I've got other parts to write for them and I'd like them to be really finished before I put them out there.

At the end of the recording session Adam took some photos of me at a local crack-park. When we got over there there happened to be some kids' paintings of butterflies on the wall! Perfect! We'd just been talking about the meaning of my song The Lepidopterist too (it's about a butterfly collector).

For more of Adam's gorgeous photos have a look at his photography site.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I can't wait to hear these songs!! YEA!!