Wednesday 7 October 2009

Strangers

Did another open mic at the Brunswick last night. Good fun! I was really not sure if I wanted to sing my own songs as I felt tired and unsociable and didn't really want a room full of strangers staring at me. I was just going to play guitar with Annie instead. But there were a few other acts that were about the same standard as me so I thought I would give it a go and I enjoyed it in the end. The whole worrying-about-a-room full-of-strangers-staring-at-me kind of went away as soon as I got on stage because, with the lights shining right at you, you can't see anyone anyway.

Annie asked the compere if it was bad etiquette if I went on again to play guitar with her and apparently it wasn't, so I did. That was good fun too. After our second song I looked up and most of the audience had left! The few that remained asked for another song and we obliged (with 'Another Song' - Annie's favourite on-stage joke!).

Someone came up afterwards and complimented me on Grace is Just Her Middle Name, saying she noticed the change in tense. Nice! Glad that someone's listening.

Me and Annie are talking about getting a little songwriting group together with the idea of meeting up every couple of weeks and sharing songs that we've come up with. But now I've started my scriptwriting class and that's going to take up a lot of time. Hopefully I'll have a bit of time left for songwriting.

No comments: