Thursday 30 October 2008

Honest

I want this blog to be an honest account of my mission to get to Portland. It would be all too easy to make it into a fluffy diatribe about 'submitting a wish list of ambitions to the cosmos'. But I'm not Noel Edmonds and I'm not Dave Gorman out on some nerdish whim. So, in order to be frank, I have to mention days like today...

I don't give a shit about getting to Portland! I've just had a massive tax bill posted by the accountants who also posted a massive bill for their services in sending me a massive tax bill; I was out at a gig last night and I was pretty much the oldest person in there; the performer I saw there (Johnny Flynn) was much younger and much better looking and much more talented than me; my dog's taken up barking when I'm not there so I've been made a prisoner to her... and, I'm just in a bad mood.

No comments: