Thursday 23 October 2008

Real

Ha ha! This is great... I left a quick message on the Portland CraigsList, (the US version of GumTree) about my Portland mission and I've had responses already! Thanks for getting in touch guys, I appreciate it.

I also told my girlfriend about my plans last night and she was totally cool about me wanting to leave for the US for a couple of weeks. A bit too cool actually... she said I should go for as long as I like!

This is starting to feel more real now. I'm very excited, but I have this nagging, underlying feeling... It's all very well day dreaming about being on stage in Portland but I still haven't written that many songs. And I'm still a quite rubbish singer and performer. I had a go at singing some of my old songs last night and I managed about one of them all the way through. But I suppose it's just a reminder that I've still got a lot to do before I get to perform in Portland.

I'm going to songwriting class on Friday nights and we're going to be set our first songwriting homework at the next lesson. Maybe I'll come up with something I'm happy with after that.

What has been proved to me again and again is that the more you do something the better you get, so I shouldn't expect so much from my first songs. I should just keep writing them and I'll hopefully get better at writing them, singing them, playing them and performing them.

No comments: